After installing a website, features are necessary to initiate for accelerating website’s performance.
The plugins are the first thing that comes into our mind when it comes to adding additional features to WordPress. The plugins allow you to add almost all kinds of features that a site should have.
It’s not a big task to understand how to install plugins on WordPress, however, for beginners, it may sound a little bit “unable to figure out”. In this short tutorial, you will learn how to install a plugin in WordPress from the admin dashboard.
Tutorial: Steps to Install Plugins on WordPress
- First of all, log in to your WordPress admin panel. Enter your username and password to log in.
- On the WordPress dashboard search for plugins on the left side menu and click on it. Now select “Add New” from the child menu to add a new plugin.
- Now use the search bar to find any plugin you want from WordPress repository. You can upload a custom plugin as well just by clicking on the upload button.
- Pick your plugin from the search result and click on “Install now”.
- WordPress will download and install the plugin. When the plugin is installed successfully you will see a success notification.
- There will be two options available “activate plugin” and “More details”.
- Once the plugin is activated it will start working with WordPress. Also, you can apply different settings on the plugin if it does provide you such options.
Installing a plugin is really simple. You can install as many plugins as you want. However, I would recommend you to limit the number of plugins to 15 max. Remember, more the number of plugins, havier your site will be.
Need help with getting stuff done? Try Fiverr!
Click here to find writers for your blog posts